The CRPF is deployed for law and order and anti terror operations in Kashmir.

2 CRPF men commit suicide in two days in Kashmir, say officials

Two CRPF males dedicated suicide elsewhere in Kashmir up to now two days, officers mentioned on Tuesday.

Assistant Sub Inspector Bengali Babu shot himself along with his service rifle on Tuesday at Karan Nagar in Srinagar.

“After completing his daily duty at a checkpoint, he shot himself with his service weapon. The reason for this is not clear,” mentioned CRPF spokesman in Srinagar, Pankaj Singh.

The officer mentioned that 46-year-old Babu, a resident of Gwalior, was posted with CRPF’s 49 battalion which is housed in Neelam Cinema at Karan Nagar. “He neither appeared depressed nor did he leave behind any suicide note,” Singh mentioned.

His physique can be despatched residence after formalities are over.

On Monday, a sub-inspector of CRPF’s 96 battalion had additionally shot himself along with his service rifle in Mattan space of south Kashmir’s Anantnag district the place he was posted. He was rushed to close by hospital the place he was declared lifeless on arrival.

The SI was recognized as Fateh Singh, 50, a resident of Rajasthan.

Local studies, quoting official sources, mentioned that Singh had left behind a suicide be aware expressing fears that he might need been contaminated with coronavirus and that nobody ought to contact his physique. However, officers refused to verify the event.

PRO of CRPF’s Kashmir Operations Sector Junaid Khan refused to touch upon whether or not the deceased has left behind a suicide be aware however mentioned that an inquiry has been initiated into the demise.

“I can’t comment on what he has left behind. It is a suicide case and he used his service rifle,” Khan mentioned. “An inquiry has been started which will bring out the facts of the case,” he mentioned.

However, police mentioned that the administration has collected a pattern from the deceased to conduct his Covid-19 test.

“The report of the test is still awaited and the body has not been sent home as yet,” mentioned Farooq Ahmad, an officer of Mattan Police Station.